- This event has passed.
February 13, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pmFREE
- If this event is canceled due to inclement weather, we will post a notification on SCRA’s Facebook page and we will do our best to contact registered participants. In the event that there is no snow, this event becomes a winter walk.
- If you have your own snowshoes, please bring them. Snowshoe rentals are also available at Afton State Park for $5 a pair, the park office closes at 4pm. If this is not possible, Wild Rivers Conservancy has a limited number of snowshoes available that participants can borrow for free.
Meeting location: Last parking lot (drive to the end of the state park road)
Address: 6959 Peller Ave S, Hastings, MN 55033
Trail: North River Trail (1.2 miles one-way)
Participant gear list:
– Snowshoes (unless renting at Afton State Park or borrowing from Wild Rivers Conservancy)
– Dress for the weather in layers, hat, gloves, scarves, warm socks, and boots
– Hiking/ski poles (optional)
– Water bottle and trail snacks (optional)
– Please be sure to arrive 15 minutes before the event starts.
– Please note that Wild Rivers Conservancy Outside will no longer allow dogs at our events.