- This event has passed.
Bald Eagle Count 2020
January 25, 2020 @ 7:00 am - 5:00 pmFREE
Your Car. Your Count.
What: Bald Eagle Count 2020
When: Saturday, January 25, anytime between 7am and 5pm
Where: Anywhere within the St. Croix River Watershed, but we recommend sticking to the rivers close to you and their landings.
Who: Anyone who lives in the 7,700 square mile St. Croix River Watershed!
Why: Since 2013, there has been a downward trend in the percentage of young eagles recorded on counts across the Midwest. The percentage of young is now about where it was in the late 1960’s. The last 5-year average of 27.6% is actually lower than the 5-year average in the late 1960’s of 28.5%. We need to find the reason!
- Register below online.
- Plan your route.
- Practice knowing the difference between juvenile and adult bald eagles.
- Print the survey form.
- Count the bald eagles you see along your route.
- Record your sightings on the survey form.
- Keep moving so you don’t recount the same eagles.
- Submit your survey form to the Wild Rivers Conservancy:
- Scan and email to: email@example.com OR Mail to: PO Box 655, St. Croix Falls, WI 54024
*After submitting your survey form, you will be entered in a drawing to receive an Wild Rivers Conservancy schwag bag!
Additional web links: